How to get rid of pop-ups!
Chromebooks are awesome because they can't get viruses!
No need to worry, usually pop-ups occur when an extension gets attached to your account.
How To Delete These Extensions
- On your Chromebook open Google Chrome
- Go to chrome://extensions/
- In your browser bar type chrome://extensions/
- A new page will pop up with every app in your Chromebook.
- If you see an app that says "ads" click the "Remove" button on the bottom right corner. If you have gaming or streaming apps also click the "Remove" button. Even some PDF viewers can cause pop ups.
- Click "Remove" or the trash can symbol to delete
- Delete all non-school related apps
- Though games and streaming can be fun, we need to make sure our Chromebooks are running smoothly for school too.
- Still have questions about your tech? Call our IT Department:
Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.pm